2012 Awards Night
2012 Awards Night
Tuesday evening, December 4th MEBank Centre, Punt Road. The scene was set for the gathering of the THC faithful for the annual, end of year member cocktail party and THC Award presentation.
By 6:45pm, more than 100 members and guests had gathered in the Maurice Rioli room to enjoy fine finger food and free flowing beverages. MC for the night, THC Vice President Mike Perry welcomed patron Tommy and Maureen, members and guests and invited THC President Rob Edgley to speak about the year. Rob outlined the following achievements:
• Significant sponsorship signed with The Outdoor Furniture Specialists,
• $10,000 donation to the Richmond FP&OA,
• $30,000 donation to the Fighting Tiger Fund,
• Contributed to and facilitated the purchase of Richo Roach original oil painting for $15,000 and donated to RFC,
• 3 fantastic functions which provided many people with some wonderful memories,
• 3 functions held at the ME Bank Centre which also assisted the profitability of the RFC,
• Player sponsorship of Alex Rance $1,250,
• Paid for restoration of old Tiger skin (funds provided from donations received from Save Our Skins function in 2010).
CEO Brendon Gale provided an inner sanctum view of developments at Punt Road, in particular the importance of the Fighting Tiger Fund in delivering the vital football department and ground improvements which will allow the Tigers to match it with the best in the competition.
Brendon was followed by Tommy Hafey who delivered a typically robust and positive view of life and football before announcing his choice as the 2012 THC Award winner, RFC patron the Hon. Peter Nixon AD. Peter was one of Australia’s longest serving ministers in the Australian parliament, a Tiger supporter since childhood and an inaugural Commissioner of the VFL/AFL. Peter was overwhelmed to receive the award from Tommy and most gracious in his acceptance speech.
More food and drinks followed, the raffle was drawn and finally it was time to wend our way home. Another great THC function and fitting finale to a successful 10th year.
Let’s hope the Tigers crack the eight in 2013.